Thursday, March 25, 2010

Modern Day Vagabond?

Here I am, sitting outside on the lovely porch of the home in which I currently reside, hearing the soft sound of one neighbor's windchimes to my left, and the soothing tinkle of another neighbor's water fountains on my right. It's that time of afternoon where the wind is beginning to pick up and leave me feeling chilly in spurts between sunshine and cold air. I love this backyard.

But yet! For the past couple of hours I have been combing online ads for a new place that my six roommates and I shall live next year. A long, tedious, process it is. I love this place, but just as I have been fond of each of the three places I have lived over the past three years, I am sure that the next place that we move our beds to will be charming in some new way of its own. I feel like a modern day vagabond, as a college student... moving from one place to the next, never unpacking all the way because I know that the place I lay my head this month is only temporary. Do I like this? I do not know... All I know right now is the peace that I feel sitting here typing this ramble-ous (word?) bit, and I hope that I can continue to find beauty and peace in the midst of this vagabond-ish lifestyle of mine...

Until next time, dear readers.

No comments: